When will you come and
get in my bed and get in
my heart and my mind.
Cusp - a point or pointed end
and then there’s just you, sitting
over there by me.
Ochlophobia - an abnormal fear of crowds
The moment you leave
is the exact moment in
which I miss you most.
Calorifacient - (of foods) producing heat
There are people who
have gone through so much but still
continue to fight.
Hardihood - boldness or daring; courage
I don’t know, man. I just want to be an artist, in lifestyle. I really have no motivation to be anything else.
My sense of humor
makes me question if I am
my own inside joke.
Jocose - given to or characterized by joking; jesting; humorous; playful
Can we make this work
out of nothing? That’s all I
really have right now.
Abiogenesis - the theory that living organisms can arise spontaneously from inanimate matter
I only go out with girls with blue cars so that this song instantly becomes more relevant to me.
Collect all of your
materials, you know they
won’t make you happy.
Slumgullion - a stew of meat, vegetables, potatoes, etc.
Bouquet of flowers
on my heart, not one of which
ever really dies.
Largesse - generous bestowal of gifts
Wow you guys really came out to play with the responses. Thanks so much!
Here’s my final thoughts on the matter before I go to bed (which is probably just a mish-mash of shit I’ve said to some of you in messages):
1) My main fears comes from a) her thinking less of me and b) the societal pressures of being a male virgin. For A, she seems to be fine with it, which is comforting and for B, it has taken me a while to get over my virginity but there wasn’t really an attempt made by me back when I was in my teens. But some things you just can’t help, also.
2) Another obvious fear comes in freezing up/being weird about it in the act. At first, I was afraid because it was the first time that someone told me that they would willingly have sex with me, but I think with a small amount of confidence, I’ll get over it and just do it. I mean, I asked her out, and that was insane, so I can certainly take the next step. For as sensitive and “un-macho” as I classify myself as, I’m going to beat it into myself that that won’t stop me from sucking it up, being a man and going through with it, with just a tad bit of confidence. I’ll promise myself I won’t cry.
3) I’m glad that the general consensus, at least amongst women here, is that it’s not a big deal. I mean, I know it would be a turn off the older you get. I’m 22, she’s 24, so there’s that. I also know that I will probably be inadequate in the act, so I’m going to make it about her as much as possible (as I would hope most men do). Maybe it will take my mind off of it anyway.
The obvious thing about virginity is that I wouldn’t want to just throw it away, but rather know that I did it with someone special. It helps that I definitely want to have sex with this girl, as opposed to someone I just wasn’t into.
I’m going to see her tomorrow night, so here’s hoping. Then we can all go out for ice cream or something.
Thank you anon for your response.
Like I’ve said to other people, I’m mostly just paranoid that she’ll think less of me for some reason. She’s more than likely cool with it (there’s nothing else you could really do in her situation), but it’s still there because I over-analyze like a mudda fudda.
I don’t think I’d be the “con” in this situation. I don’t see myself as clingy, but who knows when it comes to relationships.
Ok fuck it it’s not even that bad:
1) You-know-who wanted to have sex with me, but when I hesitated, she checked the time and realized she was late for work (she does overnights at an old folks home) (also that whole “making out/snuggling and losing track of time”). In that hesitation I felt the need to be honest and tell her I was a virgin. Should I have done that (told her I was a virgin)? I wanted to have sex, but I was nervous as all hell. She was cool with it, and did the whole “oh, we can wait” thing (I didn’t, but so fucking nervous). I was so hesitant initially and then she had to race outta my room to go to work.
2) What is the female perception of male virginity, anyway? Keep in mind I’m not one because of religious or marital reasons. In high school I was just too busy getting high and hating myself.